New Blog.. New Year.. New Goals

OK... So it is 2010... This is my first blog ever so I only find it appropriate to start my first blog of the new year with goals!!! I have TONS of goals for this year. First and foremost to be a worthy example for the Lord. Second to be a better wife, mother and friend. Thirdly to be more patient.. WAY more patient and to learn to relinquish control. There are plenty more.. those are the main ones...

I found this verse during my quiet time a few weeks ago that really describes the kind of person that I want to be.. So I am going to REALLY work on that this year.

Romans 12:9-21 (The Message)

9-10Love from the center of who you are; don't fake it. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good. Be good friends who love deeply; practice playing second fiddle.

11-13Don't burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality.

14-16Bless your enemies; no cursing under your breath. Laugh with your happy friends when they're happy; share tears when they're down. Get along with each other; don't be stuck-up. Make friends with nobodies; don't be the great somebody.

17-19Don't hit back; discover beauty in everyone. If you've got it in you, get along with everybody. Don't insist on getting even; that's not for you to do. "I'll do the judging," says God. "I'll take care of it."

20-21Our Scriptures tell us that if you see your enemy hungry, go buy that person lunch, or if he's thirsty, get him a drink. Your generosity will surprise him with goodness. Don't let evil get the best of you; get the best of evil by doing good.

--------------------

My precious daughter, Presley (who is now 4 and a half months old), is napping right now and as I look at her so sweet, and innocent, I wonder what kind of woman she is going to turn out to be. Will she be outgoing, will she be shy, will she be bright, funny, quirky, athletic, artistic...? I can't wait to find out.. but none of that really matters to me.. BT and I love her regardless... I just want her to seek the Lord everyday and serve Him with all that she is. I am praying Romans 12:9-21 for her. Thank you Lord for my incredible family!

posted under |

1 comments:

Ashley Fisher :) said...

Great verses! I love them! Cute blog! and I looove the title!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Home