Don't blink......


"You better enjoy every minute, they grow up so fast.... Next thing you know she'll be graduating high school" that has always sounded like such a cliche to me..something I heard a million times while I was pregnant and I just nodded politely and smiled... but now I am acutely aware that it could not be more true! Presley is 4 and a half months old and has already hit so many milestones.. smiling, talking (gaga, mamama, nanana.. not real words of coarse!) laughing, reaching for things, holding things, lifting her head, holding her head up, sitting up, standing (assisted) recognizing voices and faces, putting her paci back in her mouth on her own, and physically growing! We tend to take all these things for granted! Yes, we acknowledge them when they happen, but after that it becomes the norm. Presley has just started wearing size 3 diapers. This was truly traumatizing for me.. she has gone up 4 diaper sizes in 4 months! As I put on her last size 2 diaper I was tearing up.. my little girl is growing up so fast! In my mind she might as well have been pulling out the driveway on her way to college! It is like Christmas.. (i know this is weird.. but stay with me) Every year.. in October as I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR.. I always say to myself, " this year I am going to REALLY enjoy Christmas. I am going to make the most of it.. soak in every minute, live it to its fullest and make this Christmas more special than any other year! I don't want to look back at Christmas and be sad that it passed by too fast" And so you know what happens? Every year, December 26th rolls around and I'm like dangit... I didn't soak it all in... Christmas came and went and I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have! I blinked and it was over! That is how I feel about Presley.. I have the best intentions of making the most of every day, celebrating every milestone and memorizing every moment.. but next thing you know.. I turn around and Presley is 5 months old and I haven't enjoyed every second as much as I should! It is just the daily grind that I am trying to get through with my sanity still intact! I don't want to look back and regret taking my days with Presley for granted. I fell so incredibly lucky that I can stay home with her and actually be a part of every milestone. So from this point on, " I am going to REALLY enjoy every moment with Presley, soak in every minute, live it to it's fullest, not take it for granted and make every day more special than the day before!" I hope:)

: )

posted under |

1 comments:

Ashley Fisher :) said...

awww soo sweet!! It's so true!!!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home