Snow Days!

Ugh! I hate winter, I hate snow, and I hate to be cold! In Northern KY where I live, it is all those things now.. FREEZING cold... and a foot of snow. The bad thing about living in the north, not only is it SUPER cold in the winter and snow alot.. but when it DOES snow... life keeps going! Down south, you so much as see a flurry and schools shut down, offices close and life gets put on pause. Everyone FREAKS OUT! Up here.. they pour a little salt out, run the snow plows and say "be careful out there!" They EXPECT you to get out in this stuff! It is simply miserable! You get out of the car and get snow ALL over your pants.. that snow turns in to water once you finally get into a heated building.. then you are drenching wet! Your clothes are wet, your hair is wet and you can't feel your nose so, more than likely, you have snot running down your face! Not fun.... or attractive! I like giving myself snow days.. when it snows, we stay in, watch movies and Presley and I stay nice and warm. I am ready for it to warm up, so we can get outside! Walk around the neighborhood, go to the park, swim... all the fun things that spring and summer have to offer! As I am writing this, I am sitting on my couch, with a blanket and a heater pointed right on me.. Praying for warm weather! :)

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home