My heart felt like it was going to explode

The past couple of days have not been super exciting. Presley went to the doctor, she weighed in at a hefty 18lbs. 9oz. (96th percentile) She got 2 shots, which was a huge ordeal for me. When Presley was first born I had decided she was not going to be vaccinated at all. But after talking with BT, he said he would feel more comfortable if she did get her shots. He brought up very good points. We do travel out of the country.. etc. Me being the submissive wife that I am..(haha! I think that would make BT laugh:) I agreed that for us, that would be the best decision. On a side note those of you that don't know BT very well, he is very laid back and doesn't express his opinion very often. He knows how much joy I get out of being in charge so he just sits back and lets me make the decisions... that being said.. when he DOES express his opinion, I KNOW that it must be important to him and I take it seriously! However, Presley is on an alternate vaccination schedule. She didn't get any shots until she was 4 months old.. and she will only get 1 or 2 per visit. Deciding that this was the best option for us does not make it any easier. As a parent, seeing your child in pain is the worst possible feeling in the world! When it came time for Presley to get her first shot, I started feeling very dizzy and nauseous. BT was like, "I can't watch this!" So I held her hand and watched her scream louder than I ever have. I wanted to take her pain away, but I couldn't. I knew that in the long run this would benefit her (keep her from getting sick) but she didn't know that. I am sure in her mind she is thinking why would mommy just sit here and watch this happen to me, doesn't she see that they are hurting me? I wished I could explain to her that I was trying to keep her from further pain. I wonder if God feels the same way? When he allows things to happen in our lives that are painful. We don't see the big picture. We do not see how this pain or struggle will benefit us in the long run. We just sit there and ask God how he could allow this horrible thing to happen to us. I am sure God hates to see us in pain just as any father or mother hates to see there child in pain. But He knows that this momentary pain will benefit us in the future.

After BT and I finally got Presley calmed down and smothered her with love, we packed her up and headed out. As I paid our copay I could barely breath, my heart was racing and felt like it was going to explode.... The whole drive home I kept telling myself.."this is for her own good.. this is for her own good... she will be OK!"
As parents we allow our child to experience"pain" to prevent worse pain, just as God allows painful circumstances to make us stronger! Realizing this does not make that struggle any less painful, hopefully it will just remind us of the big picture and that God (our father) hates to see us in pain too!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home