Negative Nelly

I'll be the first to admit it... I am a negative nelly.. a glass half empty kinda gal. I can find the negative in ANY situation! The most amazing thing can happen and I will find the one less than perfect detail and focus on that. I am not proud of this at all.. I have tried and tried to fix this character flaw..... but it is really hard for me not to complain and focus on the bad. The worst part is.. I have absolutely nothing to complain about! God has always provided for all my needs. I have never wanted for anything! I grew up as a pastor's kid, then became a missionary kid, and now I am a pastor's wife... We needed something and God provided it. I have witnessed and experienced the provision of vacations, money, cars, houses, friendships, and jobs. Growing up, I never knew that we didn't have a lot money.. no clue! We had everything that we ever needed! However, I still found a way to complain.. "Ugh! My blow dryer won't plug in at this hotel in Paris!" (ridiculous I know!) Every now and then, God reminds me that I have NOTHING to complain about. I have an amazing family, house, church, friends, health, a car and a God that provides for all of my needs. I will continue to pray that my half empty glass becomes half full.. that my negatives become positives and that I become the type of person that can ALWAYS find the positive in every negative situation!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home